Monday, January 7, 2008

Anthony Costa & OCD


<< Anthony Costa: 'Wind that iron up!"

There are many great powerhouses of informative literature that still thrive in the modern world; the Encyclopedia Britannica, for instance, or Time magazine. And lest we forgot possibly the greatest of them all: Reveal magazine. This week's issue (which I read but did not buy, I do have an anonymous reputation to keep) featured a few chunks of ground-breaking news, including the revelation that Wayne Rooney's fiancee ain't too happy about him chatting to teenage girls about threesomes (you think she'd be delighted) and Claire bloody Sweeney unveiling her amazing new diet, where she lost as much in a week as I lose each time I do a poo. However, I shouldn't mock too heartily as it has provided me with the following:


Anthony Costa, formerly of the boyband Blue, suffers from OCD.


That's Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, and our Tony's got it bad, although you wouldn't know it from this not-exactly-sensational early anecdote: "If I've used the iron, I have to unplug it and wrap the lead round it". That's not really OCD, more like not wanting to burn your house down. Many of Costa's examples seem to lean more towards organisation rather than obsessive compulsion, but I don't want to be too unfair because it's a pretty difficult thing to live with, so if he feels it's a problem (which is half of the condition I guess) then good luck to him, I just wonder why he wants to splash it all over a magazine. Oh, he's going on tour! Tickets are still available.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: