Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Divorce

Day 2, and I’m bringing you my first report from what may well become the hub of my trivia collecting activity – my workplace. I got my learning done good and early today, courtesy of page 19 of Metro. So here’s a piece of information that eight million people read four hours ago. Up-to-the-minute topical and rare gems here on Quest for Knowledge.

Belarus has the highest divorce rate in the world, with 68% of marriages ending in divorce.

Belarus is followed closely by Russia (65%) and Sweden (64%) although it doesn’t state whether these are in fact second and third in the world. They also attempt to draw a correlation between cold weather and divorces, which seems pretty spurious to me. By the way, Britain has a divorce rate of 53%. I should probably do some work now.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: